The filing periods for the June 3, 2014, Primary Election are:
- State and Federal Offices: February 24 - March 14, 2014 (5:00 p.m.)
- County Offices: March 3 - March 26, 2014 (5:00 p.m.)
A candidate list will be available on this webpage. It will be updated daily during the candidate filing period.
Contact your county auditor for information on county candidates.
- Candidate's Guide (updated 4-2014)
Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Requirements
For information about candidates' ethics and campaign filing responsibilities and deadlines, please contact the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board.
Federal candidates: For information about financial disclosure requirements, please contact the Federal Election Commission (1-800-424-9530).
Important Note: Candidates may begin collecting signatures at any time. However, the signers must still be eligible electors when the papers are filed in order for the signatures to count.
- U.S. Senator and Governor
- U.S. Representative - District 1
- U.S. Representative - District 2
- U.S. Representative - District 3
- U.S. Representative - District 4
- Statewide Offices: 1,000 signatures, including 50 from at least 10 different counties
- State Senate: 100 signatures from state senate district
- State Representative: 50 signatures from state representative district
- County Offices: 2 percent of the 2012 vote for the presidential candidate of the party in the county (contact the county auditor for the specific numbers) or 100 signatures, whichever is less
- County Supervisor Elected by District: 2 percent of the 2012 vote for the presidential candidate of the party in the supervisor district (contact the county auditor for the specific numbers) or 100 signatures, whichever is less
Partisan Offices on the 2014 Primary Election Ballot
- U.S. Senator
- U.S. Representative (all districts)
- Secretary of State
- Auditor of State
- Treasurer of State
- Secretary of Agriculture
- Attorney General
- State Senator (odd-numbered districts 1-49)
- State Representative (districts 1-100)
- Some members of county boards of supervisors
- County Treasurer
- County Recorder
- County Attorney
- Any vacant offices needing to be filled