Register to Vote and Request an Absentee Ballot
Other Ways to Register and Request a Ballot
If you are not registered to vote, you may still request a ballot by:
- Completing an absentee ballot request form. Return the completed form to your county auditor.
- Writing a letter to your county auditor. Include the following information:
- Date of birth,
- Iowa residence, including street address,
- Party affiliation (primary elections only),
- Address to which ballot should be sent,
- Statement explaining why you are eligible to receive a ballot as a military/UOCAVA voter (ex. I am a member of the U.S. Army serving overseas), and
- Your signature.
Your absentee ballot request does not have to be witnessed or notarized.
If you would like to request a copy of an absentee ballot request form or an FPCA, please email email@example.com.