To vote in Iowa, you must be registered to vote. To qualify to register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen,
- An Iowa resident, and
- At least 17 1/2 years old (must be 18 years old by election day to vote.)
- Be a convicted felon (unless your voting rights have been restored),
- Be judged mentally incompetent to vote by a court, or
- Claim the right to vote in any other place.
In this section, you will find information about voter registration in Iowa.
- Download a voter registration form.
- Am I Registered to Vote?
- If you are not registered to vote in Iowa, learn how to pre-register
- Know the requirements to register to vote on election day
- Learn how to update your registration
- Understand the restoration of rights process
- Find answers to frequently asked questions