To vote in Iowa, you must be registered to vote.
To qualify to register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen,
- An Iowa resident, and
- At least 17 years old. A person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before election day. In the case of primary elections, a person may vote if they will be 18 years old on or before the corresponding regular election.
- Be a convicted felon (unless your voting rights have been restored),
- Be judged mentally incompetent to vote by a court, or
- Claim the right to vote in any other place.
Online Voter Registration
Iowa Driver's License or
Non-operator's ID Required
Download a Voter Registration Form
Return the completed form
to your local County Auditor
Click here for a Large Print Voter Registration Form
*14 inch paper is required
Voter registration information in Iowa:
- Am I Registered to Vote?
- If you are not registered to vote in Iowa, learn how to pre-register
- Know the requirements to register to vote on election day
- Learn how to update your registration
- Restoring Voter rights
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
Voter Registration Videos
Registering to Vote
Courtesy of the Iowa State Association of Counties and the Iowa State Association of County Auditors.