The filing periods for the June 7, 2022, Primary Election are:
- State and Federal Offices: February 28 – March 18, 2022 (5:00 p.m.)
- County Offices: March 7 – March 25, 2022 (5:00 p.m.)
Federal and State candidate lists will be available and updated throughout the filing period.
Contact your county auditor for information on county candidates.
Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Requirements
For information about candidates' ethics and campaign filing responsibilities and deadlines, please contact the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board.
Federal candidates: For information about financial disclosure requirements, please contact the Federal Election Commission (1-800-424-9530).
Partisan Offices on the 2022 Primary Election Ballot
- U.S. Senator
- U.S. Representative (all districts)
- Attorney General
- Secretary of Agriculture
- Secretary of State
- State Auditor
- State Treasurer
- State Senator (odd-numbered districts 1-49 and even-numbered districts as necessary due to redistricting)
- State Representative (districts 1-100)
- Some seats of County Boards of Supervisors
- County Attorney
- County Treasurer
- County Recorder
- Any vacant county offices
*Adobe Reader required to view some of the files.