Click here for
Electronic Voter Registration
Iowa Driver's License or
Non-operator's ID Required
You will be transferred to the Iowa Motor Vehicle Division website
To vote in Iowa, you must be registered to vote.
To qualify to register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen,
- An Iowa resident, and
- At least 17 1/2 years old (must be 18 years old by election day to vote.)
- Be a convicted felon (unless your voting rights have been restored),
- Be judged mentally incompetent to vote by a court, or
- Claim the right to vote in any other place.
Voter registration information in Iowa:
- Download a voter registration form.
*Signed and completed voter registration forms
must be delivered to your county auditor.
- Am I Registered to Vote?
- If you are not registered to vote in Iowa, learn how to pre-register
- Know the requirements to register to vote on election day
- Learn how to update your registration
- Restoring Voter rights
- Find answers to frequently asked questions